Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dear Oakley Rodeo














Me and L.Rees - my rodeo coach (thanks for the invite)

I honestly can't fathom how I've gone 24 years without seeing a rodeo. On the 4th of July I attended the Oakley Rodeo (the creme de la creme of UT rodeos). Thank you to the riders, the bull tossing, the annoying filler entertainment, the rodeo girls, the fringe, the leather, the Wranglers, the belt buckles, the hats, the Yeehaws, the boots, the free red handkerchief, and the realization that my back just wouldn't quite cut it to compete. It was all wonderful. I wouldn't normally agree with Kid Rock, BUT I will admit to having a new desire to wanna be a cowboy...or at least date one.

4 comments:

Darby said...

Utah rodeos have never disappointed me. Glad you liked your first experience. And find yourself a cowboy.

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

You look more Parisian then cowgirl :)

Rodeos are awesome though. Same with demolition derbys ... the crowds on those are the best for people watching (aka: mocking).

Lynn said...

My favorite quote "Save a bull ride a cowboy!" Cowboys are sexy hot!!

We love rodeos too welcome to the real world. My son Cole does the Muttton Bustin where the little kids ride sheep it is hilarious!

Melissa said...

by the way the comment that was made Lynn was actually me I didn't I was signed in as my mom oops...anyways yeah still take my advice save bull and ride as cowboy!