Monday, February 2, 2009

Dear RTA,

RTA (v.) - reply to all; a function in email that allows you to reply to all parties that sent and received an email. Sometimes used inappropriately causing an excess of non-relevant replies to flood one's Inbox. Very annoying. Very amusing.

For example - this is the original email I received at work:


Subject: Please stop feeding the cats



FYI…
The County Animal Services has requested that we ask our employees to stop feeding the feral cats that are hanging around the campus. There is an ordinance prohibiting feeding cats without licensing them, apparently feeding them is claiming some sort of ownership, so please refrain from feeding these feral cats or catch them and take them home.

Human Resources



As if the original notice from HR wasn't weird enough...this was the BIZARRE RTA that followed MINUTES after...



This RTA resulted in a chain of back and forth, off-line email conversations among my coworkers and I, trying to figure out who would do this sort of thing. I have never met the guy who sent the email, but he will always be known as the cat Cheezburger guy who inappropriately RTAs.

5 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

oh, but that was a really funny RTA

Nicole said...

This was hilarious. Thanks Val

Meredith said...

Okay, that picture is so classy. I am laughing a lot now. P.S. I will call you today. We are having a crazy time right now because the International Special Olympics are coming to town!

Felicity said...

HI VALERIE!! WOW - It was so nice to hear from you...how are you?? of course I don't mind if you check out our blog - I love putting pics up of the kids!! Hopefully things are good with you all the way over there :)!! We can't wait for Leahs wedding....it will be great to see you there!! You guys are such good friends to Leah.....so Yay....we'll see you soon!!

Luv Felicity

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Oh I love your blog. I smile & laugh every time I read it!