
That's me!
I purchased a snowboard, boots and bindings this weekend. For those who know me, this will probably come as a surprise seeing as how I've only been snowboarding once in my life. ONCE.
Carpe Diem anyone?
It all started when a friend gave me his bro-code to BackCountry.com (because he works there, he gets a discount and can share it with his friends...his bros if you will). I started looking for a coat that would go with some pants I purchased on a whim last season. I found one, purchased it, picked it up, tried it on and loved it.
Saturday rolls around and I decide to 'look' for a board, boots and bindings. I recruit my friend Stevie to come with me and we go to Milo Snowboard in Holladay and started looking around. I sucked up my pride and asked a guy for help seeing as how I am very much a beginner snowboarder and had no clue what to look for - except that I knew I didn't need or want anything fancy.
Anyway...70 minutes later at Milo's, I walked out with a snowboard, boots and yup, bindings. So much for research. The thing is, I liked what I walked out with and I don't have an ounce of buyer's remorse. I've put all my gear on a total of 3 times in the past 36 hours just to make sure. But I do sort of feel like a poser because I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to snowboarding. Again, I've been once. One day. I haven't even ventured to toe side or carving...just heel side. Trust me, I know how ridiculous this sounds and to quote my roommate Cheryl probably says it best - "I'm really impressed that you would go all in after only having been once." Translation: You're either a fool or really adventurous. I choose the second. Everyone is a beginner at one point or another, right? I'm just a little later than most.
For all I know, I could be a pro-boarder waiting to break loose from her shell to which her 9-9 job has confined her.
So now, all I have to decide is where to buy a season pass...
4 comments:
Val - I love that you have tried on all the equipment so many times. That is a good sign. You look great on a snowboard.
It is hard to believe you guys can start skiing up there soon (or maybe even now). It is still like 85 degrees here in So. Cal. every day.
You look so cute in all of your gear. I love that you put it all on 3 times in 36 hours. That's totally what I would do :)
HaHa I love this! You look awesome all decked out. I want to go snowboarding too! ....oh wait, I live in Tennessee.
....I remember I went snowboard with Don when we were dating once, and I was in the Halladay living room apartment all by myself and was trying out all the gear-boots/bindings/board etc. and was jumping around and I believe it was you that walked in the front door...I felt like such a dork! HaHa :-P
Dear Val from the Block,
Please pencil me in for a ski date as long as you don't push me off the lift or land on me after we get off. We'll be golden! I'm excited to see your new kicks for the season!!
Love
Darbara
Post a Comment