Like: I get to be part of the Kids Club and participate in after office hour cookouts.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Here's to actually having some!
BBQ Chicken Pizza and chocolate cake - great meal for a Sunday.Too bad Monday is tomorrow and I have to return to the 9-5. Will I ever NOT dread going back to work?
- The Pie was delicious.
- Bowling was a blast - who knew I had a score of 146 in me? I think it had something to do with the great bowling alley tunes. Good times are guaranteed at the Ritz...bring great friends...they will make all the difference.
- I never considered myself to be an outdoor enthusiast, but I went hiking on Saturday up Big Cottonwood Canyon and I really enjoyed myself; a great way to get some exercise, again, be with great friends and enjoy the outdoors...even if there was a group of adolescents swimming in the lake that had a clearly posted "No Swimming" sign. So, in case those in the SLC area are wondering why their drinking water tastes funny it's because a group of 14-year-old girls thought it would be fun to take a dip and as a result tainted a part of the area's fresh water supply.
- Provo is always a fun place to visit - especially when it means I get to see loved ones, eat some good food and go shopping!
- I didn't really know how to react however, to the little child who came up to me on the street, not speaking English but obviously wanting me to play with him and his bubbles. Odd. Very odd.
- Note to pushy sales people - no I don't want to buy a pair of socks or an extra pair of shoes or sign up for a credit card or take a survey to win a TV or join a mailing list - the fact that I'm purchasing something in the first place should be enough. STEP OFF.